At Get Tees, maintaining the security of your personal data is our priority and we are wholly committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times and are dedicated to being transparent about the personal data we collect and how we use it.
Who is this Privacy notice for?
This privacy notice explains:
1. How we collect your data; 2. How we use your data; 3. How long we store your data; 4. What personal data we collect; 5. How we ensure that your privacy is maintained; and 6. Your legal rights relating to your personal data
1. How We Collect Your Data
We obtain data from sources as follows: Directly from you when you: Buy or return products online or in store; Create an online account; Sign up to our rewards scheme; Sign up to our newsletter; Enter a competition; Interact with us on social media; Apply for a job; From automated technologies such as cookies and tags when you use our website; Email or write to us; From other customers if they provide your details in relation to an order. If you are providing someone else’s information please ensure to obtain consent from said person before you do so.
2. How We Use Your Data (general)
To provide goods and services to you; To allow you to register an online account with us; To fulfil orders placed online or via telephone; To manage any registered Reward Cards that you hold with us; To verify your identity, for example if you don’t have your Reward card to hand when shopping or to proof of purchase if you don’t have your receipt; For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes; With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you; To enable Get Tees to manage customer service interactions with you; and Where we have the legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
2a. How We Use Your Data (marketing)
To fulfil our Reward Card Scheme promise, we will use your personal data to update you on Get Tee’s products that may be of interest to you and to send you exclusive event invitations or vouchers. Get Tees uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to fulfil the purpose above. To ensure that we are sending you offers that are relative to your preferred, we may record the details of items that you buy and how often you shop with us . You have the right to opt-out of receiving Get Tees online promotional communications at any time, by: 1. Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in any email that we send you 2. Following the clear instructions on how to opt-out of postal marketing, printed on every promotion that we send you in the post. 3. And/or contacting Get Tees via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
We may analyse your browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
1.b SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Our service providers and suppliers In order to carry out our duties to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT and marketing service providers, logistics providers, technical and support providers, our online payment provider, third party advertisers (for example Facebook and Google) to help us identify potential customers similar to our audience to ensure you are exposed to relevant and targeted communication and electronic marketing companies who help us manage our promotional email communications with you.
Get Tees only provide our service partners with the information that they need to perform their specific services to us and you. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We have also imposed contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Get Tees and to you, and for no other purposes.
1.b.2 Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Get Tees will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below.
We will never sell or rent your personal data to other organisations for marketing purposes or other. We may share your data with: credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments; governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: to comply with our legal obligations; to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases); for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and for the protection of our employees and customers
3. How Long Will We Keep Your Data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data. Examples include: If you are an online customer and have not used your account for 36 months we will deem you to be inactive and close or suspend your account. We may contact you in this period to let you know that your account had been deemed inactive. If your account is not re-activated in a further six months, we will ensure that your personal data is no longer retained.
If you are a Reward Card Holder, we will retain your personal data for the duration of your active membership with us. This is to fulfil our obligations to you as a Reward Card Holder, such as sending you exclusive event invitations and vouchers. If you have not used your Reward Card in (a maximum of) 36 months, we will deem you to be inactive and close or suspend your account. We may contact you in this period to let you know that your account had been deemed inactive. If your account is not re-activated in a further six months, we will ensure that your personal data is no longer retained.
If you return an item to us, we will ask for your name, address and signature. We will retain this information for a maximum of 12 months, to exercise our legal rights.
If you have entered a competition via social networks or similar platforms, we may ask for your personal details to send you a prize. Once this transaction is complete, we will delete your personal data from our communications within 30 days. This personal data will only ever be used for the purpose of fulfilling our promise.
4. What Personal Data Do We Collect And Why?
In the process of providing our retail services namely the sale of clothing, footwear, accessories and gifts in our stores and online, we may collect the following data: Personal Information: title, name and surname; gender; date of Birth; Contact details: delivery address; billing address; email address; telephone and mobile numbers; Payment card details; Transaction data: details of payments from you and to you and details of products you have purchased from us.
If you return an item in store, we will ask for your name, address and signature. We will retain this information for a maximum of 12 months, to exercise our legal rights in fraud and crime prevention. We will only ever use your personal data for the purpose it was provided. Marketing data: Your marketing preferences for example if we can contact you via direct mail, email, SMS and telephone; If you interact with us on social media, we may use your username to help us respond to comments, messages or competition entries. If you contact us directly with a query, feedback or other via email, postal or other we will use your details to reply to you.
Image data: CCTV images when you shop in store may be recorded for the prevention of crime; Photograph taken during in store events. Biographical data from job applications and CV’s Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. In specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you sign up to our mailing list on our website, or send an email to our management teams. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Get Tees, is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
• regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
•security controls (tested regularly) which protect the entire Get Tees infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
•internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
•We use “https” technology on our website to ensure that online sign-up forms collect and transfer your personal data safely and securely.
6. What You Can Do To Help Protect Your Data
Get Tees, will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Get Tees asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session. •Where we have given you or you have created a password to access your online account, you are responsible for keeping this confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Whilst Get Tees take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure.
Consequently, please note that the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us cannot be guaranteed.
7. Your Rights
• you have the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time;
• you have the right to ask us to update or correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you at any time, free of charge;
• you can ask us to erase all of part of the data that we hold about you at any time;
• you have the right to opt-out of any marketing communications that we send you at any time; and
• you have the right to opt-out of your information being shared in the form of cookies
If you wish to contact us regarding any of the points in this section, please contact us using the contact details set out in this policy.
8. The Legals
Get Tees collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
• the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
• the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
• complying with our legal obligations. In some cases, we will ask for your consent to contact you via a specific method. An example of this would be, when we ask you to tick a box to receive email newsletters from Get Tees. We will always be transparent about what you are consenting to and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
8.1 Legitimate Interest
As a business, there are cases where it is in our legitimate interest to process personal data. We will rely on legitimate interest for certain processes so long as it does not affect your rights, freedom or interests. These include:
• selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
• fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and shareholders
• protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
• sending promotional communications through direct mail which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering our Reward Card Holder scheme);
• understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
• improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
• complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
• handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
• managing insurance claims by customers;
• protecting Get Tees, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Get Tees;
• effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Get Tees.
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions relating to how we process and manage your personal data, you can contact our data privacy controller any time by emailing email@example.com